1. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and you also must protect your information at all cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
2. If you are intending to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and discover that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.