1. A reputable online seller needs to have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't want to be spending your cash with a company that fails to offer.
2. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. If a company includes a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on their mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter in the event you really like their products and would use a discount code.