1. While shopping online, be sure the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
2. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy for the greatest price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make certain you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
4. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Before you make a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on the items and when there are free freight options open to you.