1. When you're shopping online you should be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a new password for your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
3. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering making a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.