1. When you are creating any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
3. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
4. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
5. Transform it into a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.