1. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you need to take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.
3. While shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you purchase something, ensure that you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing anything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails concerning your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.