1. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
2. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
3. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Do more research in the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.