1. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use just for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. If you frequently shop online, make certain your antimalware is always top-notch and up-to-date. Major shopping sites are usually targeted by hackers as well as other shady types who attempt to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software provides you with about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.