1. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
2. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
3. Be mindful where you submit your bank card information. If you are shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
5. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your information, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.