1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
3. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers taking place. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop someplace else.