1. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. Prior to making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Look for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on your items and in case there are free shipping options open to you.
3. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, start working on a different site to be on the safe side.
4. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.