1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and online coupons to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
3. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
5. When you are creating any purchases on the internet and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they can have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.