1. Although it may look tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. If you're concerned with whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about it. The internet could be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with different sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
3. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have special deals and sales. This can lead to savings for you as you may get yourself a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
4. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.