1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
4. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your money.
5. To safeguard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.