1. An excellent tip to consider when you're thinking about internet shopping is to make certain the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
3. Be wary for any emails you receive, even if they appear to be coming from a retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
5. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.