1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. If you are going to become doing some online shopping, make sure you understand the liability for every credit card you use online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it to get a minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card if the number is stolen.
5. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.