1. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
2. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
3. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.
4. If you find an excellent product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.