1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
5. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are in the up and up and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.