1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. When you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
5. Call the web company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want in order to know that one could reach customer care easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.