1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, it can save you as much as 25 percent. Look at many different websites to successfully are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
5. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks approximately, make up a new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.