1. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free delivery. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. While shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
3. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.