1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When you are searching for a spot to buy a specific thing and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
4. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.