1. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite internet retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
3. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's coming to you fairly!
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.