1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as a seller.
2. When you shop online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy for the greatest price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. If you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
4. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
5. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is recommended to go through another store.