1. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make certain the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. If a company features a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, promotions and coupon codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter should you really like their products and services and would use a promotion code.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and see that being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
4. If you are planning to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have in your own home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. Be cautious where you submit your credit card information. When you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.