1. When you are making a purchase online, make sure that you use a charge card to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, which means that you will not be out of pocket.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a directly to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!