1. Speak to your friends with regards to their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This can save you a lot of time and energy.
2. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and not one of the results are most often from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
3. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate credit card to use just for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
5. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the product you are interested in meets high standards of quality.