1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Before you start your internet shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Shopping online is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some individuals build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best which you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the Internet. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
5. If you are making a purchase online, ensure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.