1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings to suit your needs as you may obtain a discount on the item as well as free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
5. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.