1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
2. Look for online coupons when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out discounts for various things and you can see them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter the name in the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
4. Before you start your online shopping, ensure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.