1. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
2. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are available to be shipped to you.
3. Sign-up for any identity fraud protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
5. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.