1. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider applying for a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions should they be the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry regarding your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
2. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare and contrast the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
5. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the hard way and lose your cash.