1. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that has a better reputation.
2. Internet shopping is a wonderful way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. If you are looking at purchasing from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you should expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a wide swerve.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.