1. Be wary for any emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and type in the web site you want to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.
3. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use all of this information to decide if these costs and options fit well to suit your needs, your budget, and your area before you place an order.
4. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.