1. A great tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about internet shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly so that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as soon as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many internet retailers have moved their sales days up by several days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Be wary for any emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than the main one you shopped on. If you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter in the web site you want to go to. It is much safer that way.