1. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. If a company includes a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter in the event you really like their goods and would use a discount code.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to read the description so that you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
4. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have special offers and sales. This can result in savings for you as you may get a discount in the item or perhaps free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.