1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
2. When you shop online, be sure the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on less than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.