1. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to definitely a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. Discover the online store's return policy. Should you be considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
4. Look for online coupons when shopping on the net. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just type in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.