1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
2. To protect yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, therefore the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
4. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through another store.