1. Do more research around the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.
2. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
3. When you are searching for a place to buy a specific thing and none of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not out to take your cash.
4. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.