1. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You may be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should create the purchase.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
4. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. In case a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and coupon codes to people on the mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only sign up for a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a promotion code.