1. Before buying from the new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money since you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that will assist you save much more money.
4. Be careful where you submit your bank card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
5. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews upon them online.