1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" in the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
5. Shopping online is a wonderful way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save even more money.