1. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When you shop online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, so the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.