1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your cash.
2. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a brand new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
3. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information whatsoever cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.