1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
4. Turn it into a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
5. When searching out the best price to get a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to find out if other customers experienced a good knowledge about them. It is also a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.