1. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and not one of the results seem to be from familiar retailers, you need to be hesitant about entering your data. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
2. When you shop online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. If you're concerned with whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about it. The internet can be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and gain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before buying something, make sure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.