1. If you are intending to be shopping online, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you know is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
3. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you are purchasing.
5. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores having an excellent reputation.