1. If you are intending to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
3. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
4. When you shop online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
5. Take time to browse through different online stores to evaluate the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new products become available on a regular basis.