1. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
2. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a web site other than the one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you need to go to. It is actually much safer that way.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.