1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is much easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
4. Discover more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation as a seller.