1. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet may be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with various sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
2. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the situation, choose one that will save you the most money.
3. To protect yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they can also acquire a reputation as a seller.