1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. Be extra careful when you search for shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social networking accounts can easily be impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information on the social media sites, then proceed directly to the primary site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
5. To protect yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.