1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
3. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
4. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores usually have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.