1. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be simply impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your info on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site in the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
3. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.