1. Before buying from the new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal data to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
3. If you are making a purchase online, ensure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only accountable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means that you will not be out of pocket.
4. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.
5. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can translate into savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount around the item or even free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.