1. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, and so the signup can lead to some phenomenal savings.
2. Although it may seem tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.