1. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on a much better deal someplace else.
5. While shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.